Six winners were crowned champions at the 2023 Empro Classic Pro
Written by Doug Murray
Michal Krizanek wins the Men’s Bodybuilding Title at the 2023 Empro Classic Pro
There are five IFBB Pro League contests taking place this weekend but perhaps the biggest is the 2023 Empro Classic Pro, which serves as a qualifying event for this year’s Mr. Olympia competition. There were six divisions featured at this show from June 16-18 in Alicante, Spain including Men’s Open, Classic Physique, Figure, Bikini, Women’s Physique, and Wellness.
Unlike in previous bodybuilding seasons, athletes have fewer months and chances to qualify for the sport’s biggest show of the year. The 2023 Mr. Olympia event takes place from November 2-5 in Orlando, Florida. The extravaganza will take over the Orange County Convention Center and will see 10 divisions crown a new champion.
Last year, the Empro Classic Pro did not feature the Open class. However, that has changed this year. The winner who takes home gold will not only receive a cash prize but will have the opportunity to face off against the reigning Mr. Olympia Hadi Choopan in November.
Fans have dubbed a few Men’s Open frontrunners ahead of the show in Spain this weekend. The leading favorite is rising star Michal Krizo, who earned 12th place in his Olympia debut back in 2022. This will be his first contest of 2023.
Meanwhile, Andrea Presti will make an appearance. He also participated at the 2022 Olympia show but was unable to place in the top 15. He took home gold at last year’s 2022 Big Evolution Pro show. This will also be Presti’s first competition of the season.
Emir Omeragic will also aim to earn his Olympia invite this Sunday. He was third at the 2023 Arnold Classic South America show but has shown exceptional balance and promise as a future contender.
Check Out Who Won Titles at the 2023 Empro Classic Pro:
2023 Empro Classic Pro Winners
- Men’s Open: Michal Krizanek
- Classic Physique: German Pastor
- Figure: Jennifer Zienert
- Bikini: Ivi Escandar
- Women’s Physique: Romana Skotzen
- Wellness: Leonida Ciobu
2023 Empro Classic Pro Results Breakdown
Men’s Open Bodybuilding
The Men’s Open division put on a stellar show in Spain. Sunday’s prejudging saw Wellington Fernando Baptista, Andrea Presti, and Michal Krizo in the running for gold. Presti and Wellington brought balanced looks with impressive conditioning in the finals. However, the size, biceps, and deeply separated quads of Michal Krizo guided him to victory. With several months until 2023 Mr. Olympia, Krizo will have the time he needs to prepare for the biggest show of the year.
In the end, Presti took runner-up with Baptista rounding out the podium in third place. In addition, Jose Manuel Munoz and Roman Fritzz took fourth and fifth, respectively.
- Winner — Michal Krizanek
- Second Place — Andrea Presti
- Third Place — Wellington Fernando Baptista
- Fourth Place — Jose Manuel Munoz
- Fifth Place — Roman Fritz
- Sixth Place — Petar Klancir
- Seventh Place — Joan Pradells Martinez
- Eighth Place — Krystian Wolski
- Ninth Place — Emir Omeragic
- Tenth Place — Jorge Zamorano Avila
Talent from the Classic Physique category took part in a close show. With the conclusion of prejudging, fans assumed it was a three-man race between David Martinez Campos, Antoine Loth, and German Pastor Cueto.
German Pastor Cueto brought some of the best lines and conditioning of the show, which helped him get the nod on the judge’s scorecards this weekend. Cueto earned his Mr. Olympia invite, while Antoine Loth and David Martinez Campos took second and third. Meanwhile, Jhon Duque and Francisco Navarro Hernandez finished fourth and fifth.
- Winner — German Pastor Cueto
- Second Place — Antoine Loth
- Third Place — David Martinez Campos
- Fourth Place — Jhon Duque
- Fifth Place — Francisco Navarro Hernandez
- Sixth Place — Lucas Alexander Guido
- Seventh Place — Junior Javorski
- Eighth Place — Andre Gerstner
- Ninth Place — Joan Canngieter
- Tenth Place — Jonathan Moreno
Over the weekend, Figure competitors also took to the stage in Spain. Jennifer Zienert, Rejoice Godwin, and Nadine Claudia Huber brought great looks and stood out on stage. While the contest was close during prejudging, Jennifer Zienert took over in the finals to secure the win and her 2023 Olympia invite.
Nadine Claudia Huber and Rejoice Godwin finished runner-up and third with Adela Ondejovicova and Daiane Aparecida de Freitas taking home fourth and fifth honors.
- Winner — Jennifer Zienert
- Second Place — Nadine Claudia Huber
- Third Place — Rejoice Godwin
- Fourth Place — Adela Ondrejovicova
- Fifth Place — Daiane Aparecida de Freitas
- Sixth Place — Hannah Prause
- Seventh Place — Anna Kochkar
- Eighth Place — Helen Zavitsanou
- Ninth Place — Paula Ranta
- Tenth Place — Erin Thomson
The Bikini contest was memorable as it was super competitive and featured several comparisons. While Sofia Maudos Pia and Cristobalina Pajares were frontrunners, so was Ivi Escandar. Ivi Escandar brought an aesthetic balanced physique, which the judges couldn’t overlook. She walked away with gold and a ticket to the next Olympia show. Pajares ended the show in second and Pia in third. Additionally, Claudia Clemente and Kristina Brunauer secured fourth and fifth.
- Winner — Ivi Escandar
- Second Place — Cristobalina Pajares
- Third Place — Sofia Maudos Pia
- Fourth Place — Claudia Clemente
- Fifth Place — Kristina Brunauer
- Sixth Place — Lisa Reith
- Seventh Place — Anna Setlak
- Eighth Place — Aneta Szoltysek
- Ninth Place — Ines Gentil Das Neves
- Tenth Place — Marina Zhekova Marinova
Women’s Physique competitors brought their best this weekend. The prejudging and finals saw Yaiza Miranda Gonzalez, Birgit Andersch, and Romana Skotzen fighting for the number one spot. Ultimately, Romana Skotzen’s conditioning sealed the deal as she walked away with the pro victory and her Olympia invite.
Birgit Andersch looked impressive too and certainly made a case for herself throughout the final comparisons. She ended the show in second place. Yaiza Miranda Gonzalez took third, with Sanna Nupponen and Uta Koehler-Spitzbart earning fourth and fifth.
- Winner — Romana Skotzen
- Second Place — Birgit Andersch
- Third Place — Yaiza Miranda Gonzalez
- Fourth Place — Sanna Nupponen
- Fifth Place — Uta Koehler-Spitzbart
- Sixth Place — Hayley Brylewski
- Seventh Place — Mar Ruiz
- Eighth Place — Carolina Fernandez
- Ninth Place — Marina Kassinopoullou
Wellness bodybuilders wasted no time on stage and got to work quickly. The finals gave way to three contenders: Carolina Santana, Sanda Colorado Acal, and Leonida Ciobu. In addition to the judges, fans were also taken aback by Ciobu’s shape and lower body definition. Leonida Ciobu won the contest with Sanda Colorado Acal taking runner-up.
Meanwhile, competitors Carolina Santana, Lisa Meiswinkel, and Ruth Petizco turned in solid shows by placing third, fourth, and fifth.
- Winner — Leonida Ciobu
- Second Place — Sandra Colorado Acal
- Third Place — Carolina Santana
- Fourth Place — Lisa Meiswinkel
- Fifth Place — Ruth Petizco
- Sixth Place — Teresa Maria Sina
- Seventh Place — Alexandra Maria Da Silva
- Eighth Place — Catia Moreira
- Ninth Place — Carlotta Tonelli
- Tenth Place — Katia Hermes
2023 Empro Classic Pro Scorecards
Aristimuqoh congratulates the winners